Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Burgundy hair usually refers to red or brown hair with purple tones. Luckily, this is an easy shade to achieve if your hair is any dark hair color, and most hair colors are not as easy to achieve on dark hair.
- If your hair is blonde, you run the risk of dying your hair burgundy and winding up with light purple hair--which nobody wants. Blondes should dye their hair a true red color (like Garnier Nutrisse 66 True Red (Pomegranate) or a neutral brown color (depending on how vibrant they want the burgundy to be) before using the burgundy shade. This is mostly in reference to light blondes--if your hair is dark blonde, it should be easier. However, some beauty supply stores do carry a blonde burgundy shade. One brand I know of is Ion. They have a color called "burgundy blonde". It's a really nice blonde with red/violet undertones.
- If your hair is extremely dark, and previously dyed, burgundy will not be as simple as 1, 2, 3. Instead, you are going to need a very vibrant dye in order to get a good result. A burgundy from a drugstore might show up as a very dark brown on you. If you want a vibrant burgundy, use a purple or reddish-purple shade from Manic Panic. I know it sounds crazy, but since it's demi-permanent, it will wash out eventually, and it will give you a much more vibrant outcome than anything off the shelf. Do not bleach your hair first, unless you're only bleaching it to the red level. If you bleach it too light, then you wind up running the risk of being blonde, and then winding up with light purple hair when you dye it burgundy.
- If your hair is light brown to medium brown and dyed, or light brown to black and natural- You are in luck. It is very easy for you to go burgundy! Just use one of the shades below. You can aim for a lighter burgundy, or a deep black-burgundy.
- Garnier Nutrisse Deep Burgundy (Black Cherry) 42
- L'Oreal Excellence 4BR Dark Burgundy Brown
- Revlon Colorsilk 34 Deep Burgundy
- Revlon Colorsilk 48 Burgundy
- Natural Instincts 32 Burgundy Brown Egyptian Plum (This is a demi-permanent shade and will wash out eventually, after 28 washes on average).
- John Frieda Precision Foam 3VR Deep Cherry Brown
- Feria 36 Deep Burgundy Brown (Chocolate Cherry)
- Feria M32 Midnight Collection Violet Soft Black