Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
When people use the term "chocolate brown", they usually mean Level 4 to Level 5 brown hair with red tones. If this is the color you want, then your're in luck, because this is possibly the easiest color to achieve.
Getting chocolate brown hair will only be difficult if you are naturally very light blonde. If this is the case for you, dye your hair light golden brown first, and then opt for the chocolate brown shade. Otherwise, you run the risk of dull, flat color with absolutely no red tones, or very bright red hair that doesn't actually look brown.
If your hair is naturally black, you also run the risk of your hair not changing at all, so you might want to use a light reddish brown color, or an auburn color, to get the chocolate brown result. This is a big problem with Asian hair, because it is very thick and doesn't respond as well to color.
Warning: Just because your eyes are blue and your skin is pale does not mean that dark hair will make your eyes "pop". You need to make sure that your eyebrows match the darkness of the hair. Often, blonde women make the mistkae of going too dark and neglecting to darken their eye brows. As a result, their light eyes do not pop at all, because there is no longer anything to frame them.
If your hair is somewhere between blonde and black, the following shades are good bets for getting your coveted chocolate brown (Keep in mind, a medium brown might be more flattering for you, if your natural color is lighter than dark brown):
- Garnier Nutrisse 535 Medium Golden Mahogany Brown (Chocolate Caramel)
- Garnier Nutrisse 525 Medium Rich Mahogany Brown
- Garnier Nutrisse 554 Medium Chestnut Brown
- L'Oreal Preference 5CB Medium Chestnut Brown
- Revlon Colorsilk 44 Medium Reddish Brown
- Revlon Colorsilk 47 Medium Rich Brown
- Revlon Colorsilk 46 Medium Golden Chestnut Brown
- Natural Instincts Vibrant 5RB Medium Reddish Brown (Fiery Cinnamon)
- John Frieda Precision Foam 5B Medium Chocolate Brown
- Nice 'N Easy 129G Rich Medium Golden Brown
- L'Oreal Excellence 5RB Medium Reddish Brown
- L'Oreal Excellence 5AR Medium Maple Brown
- Garnier Nutrisse 434 Deep Chestnut Brown
- Garnier Nutrisse Dark Mahogany Brown (Cinnamon Stick)
- Garnier Nutrisse Dark Reddish Brown (Chocolate Cherry)
- L'Oreal Preference 4SM Dark Soft Mahogany Brown
- L'Oreal Preference 4M Dark Mahogany Brown
- Revlon Colorsilk 32 Dark Mahogany Brown
- Revlon Colorsilk 33 Dark Soft Brown
- Nice 'N Easy 120B Natural Dark Caramel Brown
- Natural Instincts 20B Medium Warm Brown Cinnamon Stick
- Natural Instincts 28B Dark Warm Brown Roasted Chestnut
This Technique In Real LifeEdit
Go into Edit Mode and add your pictures to this area. Comment with how you achieved your look!