People who are olive toned are usually people with green and gold undertones. Olive toned skin, despite having a yellow cast, is a netural undertone. Many people think olive skin is naturally tanned skin. However, olive is an undertone, and just like cool toned, or warm toned skin, it can range from fair to dark.
- You have a greenish cast to your skin.
- Take a piece of fabric and see if you look better in white or off-white (peachy white, vanilla, etc). If you suit both, you are likely olive toned.
- Despite being a neutural undertone, you can be cool olive, or warm olive.
- If you have fair-light olive skin tone, you are more likely cool, and may find you suit silver, white, blue, greens, purples, violets, cool reds, better. However, you can still get away with warm tones.
- If you have a medium-dark olive skin tone, you are more likely warm, and may find you suit golds, red, orange, bronze, and earth tones better. However, you can still get away with cool tones.
- If you go out in the sun for an extended period of time and you get tan easily, you are olive and/or warm toned.
- If you look good with hair colors that have either warm, neutural or ash tones, you are likely olive.