Ever wanted to get an Ash Blonde for your customer, but ended up with something too warm or not blonde enough? In this blog, we show you how to achieve true ash blonde hair color results.
1. First, make sure you lift the hair color to a very light blonde level, or level 10.
Very often people make the mistake of not lifting the hair color level enough. If you are looking for a true ash blonde, you need to take the hair color level right up to a level 10. To do so, use a good quality pre-lightener and the appropriate developer strength. Assess your customer's current hair color level and make sure you are clear by how many levels you need to take her hair colro level up by. If she had grown out highlights, the lifting required will be different between mid-lengths and roots, and you need to form your coloring strategy accordingly.
2. Choose your developer strength according to how many levels you want to lift by:
- Use 10 Vol for level on level lightening.
- Use 20 Vol for 1-2 levels lift
- Use 30 Vol. for 2-3 levels lift
- Use 40 Vol. for 3 levels lift and more
If you are using powder based lighteners, make sure you mix until you get a fairly runny consistency. Lighteners stop being active when the mixture is dry.
3. Use Heat to Boost the Processing
Use a Salon Climazone or another form of heat to get additional lift, Remember, you really need to aim for a level 10.
Process until you attain the desired color level. Then Rinse.
4. Check that you have attained the desired level
If you have not achieved the hair color level that you want, you can redo the process, using a shorter processing time if necessary. Never leave lighteners on for more than 30 minutes, After 30 minutes, rinse, assess the color level, and if necessary, repeat.
5. Choose a Quality Ash Colored Reflect
You can use 10A, 9A, 8A for a regular ash reflect
If you want a really cold color result, go for 10V or 10 Violet and you will get a very pearly, blonde color.
6. Where can I get these Hair Color Products?
Ugly Duckling Los Angeles is a new hair colro company which sells quality, professional hair color enriched with Argan Oil. They have a particularly wide range of Ash shades. They also sell hair color developers in professional format and powder lighteners. So you should be able to get most of what you require from them.